US. Privacy and IPSs:
- ISPs must notify customers which personal data is collected, for which purpose and which are its rights.
- safety measures must be adopted and breaches must be reported to the customers.
- Having personal-data-for-commercial-purpose denied, is not a legal ground to refuse to serve a customer.
- pay-for-privacy (aka services rendered in exchange of personal information) must be clearly identified and explained
- Opt-in categories are expanded (Social Security numbers, children’s, financial, health and precise geolocation data among the others).
- taki-it-or-lea-veit offers are not allowed anymore.