Brief reminder of the main employemnt laws enacted in 2016:
- Modern Slavery act (companies with more than £36m in turnover must declare the steps adopted to avoid slavery work in their company)
- Financial penalties for employers that failing paying tribunal’s award(s) to employees on time.
- Only two postponements per party in Employment proceedings
- Gender pay gap reporting (employers with +250 employees should follow rules on how to calculate and report pay gaps.
- employers paying at least £3m in wages per year, must use 0,5% of their revenues towards apprenticeship. – great idea-
- Retail employees will have stronger rights to oppose working on Sundays, as well as extra hours on these days.