If you are in charge of taking minutes, you’d better follow these tips:
1. Ask yourself, as you’re taking notes: “Will it matter in two days/weeks/months/?”
3. Do record motions word for word
4. Use keywords vs. sentences.
5. Keep emotions out of the minutes
6. Be an active listener. If you missed a motion, interrupt the meeting,or ask the person later on.
7. Reflect accurately the order of the discussion.
8. Switch to using your laptop for minute-taking.
9. Create bulleted lists.
10. Streamline your sign-in sheet. For example a template with three columns: (1) all staff and attendees. Attendees sign the second column and mark their arrival times in the third column.