US: in Employment Law, we can clearly see these 3 trends:
- schedules may need to be posted well in advance, at least according to the laws adopted in several states and cities,
- employers will be banned from asking criminal records to a candidate, and
- employers may be soon banned to ask for salary history (mainly to not prejudicate women).
The management tip of the day is a golden gem: before a tough chat, make sure you have thought of all the possible scenarios. You do not need to analyse all details, but to make sure all possible outcomes have been considered and you do not lose your cool in case of an unexpected reaction.
SEO-optimised public legal notices platorm .
Another platform to draft contracts.
Software to secure copyright worldwide in less than 1 minute, by using Blockchain and EU Qualified Timestamps, recognised in 28 EU countries.
The EU GDPR is trasposed into UK law with tailored discipline on sensitive personal data, automated decision-making, exceptions, special provision for children’s consent, penalties and criminal relevance of the breach(es).
For taking part to a truck-cartel to fix prices and roll-out emission technologies. Furthermore, Scania declined to participate to settlement to which the other cartel members took part to.
Albeit I’m no employment law expert, I’m heating up the popcorns to watch the legal dispute of the year: Uber vs English Law.
On one side, UK Law clearly tells freelancers from workers in terms of guarantees, rights and duties, while, on the other, Uber cherry-picks features of both figures to mix them in its own cocktail of a kind.
“All the chickens come home to roost”.
For the records, by means of an appeal, Uber can still extend its licence by some months.
France: important updates on the redundancy process.
- the redundancy test will be limited to France only (not worldwide anymore, safe cases of artificiality of financial difficulties),
- “business sector” is re(de)fined,
- the duty to re-deploy a resource somewhere else is now a mere duty to request consent to proceed so, and
- deadline for an employee to complain has been halved from 2 years to 12 months
Among the main changes
France: termination of employment by agreement can now also be collective, but only upon volunteering basis and by complying to certain requirements.